Sunday, August 3, 2008

Not even my love

My little one, my Juliet

Oh how sad your letter made me. At first, I felt such happiness from seeing the little envelope pop up on my screen. I knew it was you, baby. But reading your words caused a lump to grow in my chest. It has slowly moved upwards, taking it's place in my throat. Now I feel like crying, but I must try to stay calm.

If not even my love can make you survive this distance, this wait, what can? I was hoping you would be fed by my love, that it would be stronger than any distance, that it would be fueling you with hope and keep your dreams - our dreams - alive.

Now I see you twisting and turning through the dark nights, and it makes me wonder - will you be able to hold on?

My dearest love, oh sweet Juliet, you have a good imagination and I am glad you do. Because I would not want to do anything so much as I want to let my breath fall on your skin. Reading your letter made me almost feel those thin hairs on the back of your neck, I saw them gently move from my breath. Oh, Juliet, how I wish I could leave all of this and just be there with you. You know I would in a moment.

Please don't spend your days dreaming, but fill them with what's important to you, right now, in real life. I wouldn't want to be the cause of you escaping ordinary life. I want to see you out there, being happy and free, despite of us being apart.

I know this is not easy, but maybe, if we're lucky, all the anticipation, agony and longing will one day be made up for.

XXXXXX R


No comments: